Top 10 Tips If You Are Being Cyberbullied
TOP 10 TIPS IF YOU ARE BEING CYBERBULLIED
- Tell an adult you trust if you are being cyberbullied
- Don’t respond or retaliate to bullying messages – it could make things worse
- Block users who send you nasty messages
- Save abusive emails or messages (or texts) you receive
- Make a note of dates and times you receive bullying messages, as well as details you have of the user’s ID and the url.
- Don’t pass on any cyberbullying videos or messages – this is cyberbullying
- If you are bullied repeatedly change your user ID, or profile, and use a name that doesn’t give any information away about you
- Visit CyberMentors https://cybermentors.org.uk/ – you can report any cyberbullying you see to cybermentors even if it isn’t targeted at you.
- You can talk to someone at Child Line or get online safety advice at http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx
- http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ is another very useful website for children and young people staying safe online