Top 10 Tips For Staying Safe Online
TOP 10 TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE ONLINE
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
- Never give out your passwords
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Do you know how to use the internet safely?
Would you know who to talk to or get help from if you were worried or uncomfortable?
What is cyberbullying?
Where can cyberbullying happen?
Do you know the smart rules?
Below are some links to help get you started on finding answers to these questions and many more.
Do you have any good ideas that could help other children understand being safe on the internet? Post your suggestions and lets talk about it?